ABOUT PRESTON BEACH
Preston Beach occupies one of the most unspoilt and uncrowded stretches of coastline anywhere. Stroll down, stake out your own private spot on the mile upon mile of white sands, and enjoy safe swimming for all ages in the crystal clear waters. It has been renowned since early 1950's as a great place for fishing. Close to the beach is a children's playground, lawn area with shady trees, free electric barbeques and an amenities block with disabled facilities. Preston Beach is only 5 minutes walk from the Preston Beach Shack and Resort.
4WDs are permitted on the beach so take your 4WDs with you and go try a spot of fishing off the beach. There’s a designated area set aside for 4WD enthusiasts.
Located a comfortable 90-minute drive south of Perth; even less when the new Perth to Bunbury highway is completed in 2009 and links up with the Old Coast Road dual carriageway just 3km north of the Preston Beach turn off. The relaxed seaside village of Preston Beach will seem like another world. Preston Beach Resort is located on the main street, fronting the only access to the beach.
Enjoy the service at Preston Beach General Store. Delicious takeaways, including freshly prepared fish and chips, burgers and sandwiches. Bread and cakes are baked daily on the premises. Other lines include groceries, liquor, bait, ice and fuel.
Open:* Monday - Thursday 7am-6pm, Friday & Saturday 7am-7:30pm, Sunday 7am-6pm
Address: 52 Mitchell Road, Preston Beach
Phone: (08) 9739 1444
* opening hours are extended over the summer months.
Treat yourself to some pampering while you're in Preston Beach and visit Jan Bebbington from Nurture by Nature. Jan has healing hands and specialises in the following treatments:
PRICE LIST: print price list
| - Massage*
|| $65 (1 hour)
| - Reflexology*
||$40 (1/2 hour )
| - Special Package 1
||$100 (1.5 hours)
| - Special Package 2
||$125 (2 hours)
|- Hot Stones
|- Pensioner/Student hourly rate
|- Pensioner/Student 1/2 hour rate
* Reiki and Kinesiology 14 Basic Muscles incorporated in treatment
|- Foot Massage
||$25 (20 minutes)
|- RESET JAW
| - Full treatment
| - Short treatment
|- Ear candling
Health Qustionaire : Before you visit Jan for your pampering click here and complete this form to take with you.
Phone: 0400 894 660 - by appointment during business hours only
Address: 17 Siesta St, Preston Beach
- Preston Beach Golf Course
A challenging 9 hole course adjacent to Yalgorup National Park. Negotiate the undulating terrain while kangaroos assess your talent. Green fee - honour system. Own clubs required.
- Heathlands Walk - 4.5km Grade 2 trail (approximately 90 minutes) starts at the CALM Information Bay. Explore the diverse vegetation from towering tuarts to the delicate flowers of the limestone ridges and enjoy sweeping views over Lake Preston to Myalup.
- Lake Preston Walking Trail - Disabled friendly, 2km trail starts at the Preston Beach Information Bay. Meander through natural bush and groves of melaleucas to the lake where you can view the bird life.
- Lake Pollard Trails - 6km Grade 2 trail (approximately 2 hours) starts just past the entrance to Martin's Tank on Preston Beach Road North. Head through woodlands of jarrah, tuart, peppermint and bull banksia before emerging to the vistas of Lake Pollard. Black swans mass October to March and there is a bird hide next to the lake.
Lake Preston is situated within the Park which has well signposted walking trails, barbeque and toilet facilities. Take in the idyllic surrounds amidst wonderful old tuart trees, see kangaroos and emus, and prolific wildflowers in season.
As you move further from the coast the country changes dramatically as the trees thin out and the plains emerge. The plains and Ramsar listed wetlands support many water birds such as the elegant black swans that come to breed from October to March, and the endangered hooded plover. Black duck, teal, mountain duck and maned geese are also plentiful.
THINGS TO DO NEAR PRESTON BEACH
Visit Vineyard 28 and meet their namesake the '28' parrot. Conveniently located off the Old Coast Highway only five kilometres south of Preston Beach in the Geographe Wine Region.
Enjoy not only a range of wines but a wonderful boutique winery experience.
Vineyard 28 is family owned and operated. The cellar door provides you with an opportunity to meet the owners Mark and Pippa Cumbers whilst tasting award winning wines, in particular their Italian styles - Nebbiolo and Moscato.
While you are there take the time to enjoy the forest surrounds and panoramic views across farmland and winter wetlands to the East. Rest and partake of complimentary tea or coffee, and watch the antics of various water birds and the local parrot life. Shaded picnic area and barbecue facilities are available.
An array of patchwork quilts and locally produced crafts are always on display and for sale at the cellar door.
Phone: (08) 9733 5605
Address: 270 Bagieau Road, Harvey, WA 6220
- Old Coast Road Brewery - Beer
Visit this fantastic brewery and enjoy their fine beers brewed onsite whilst taking in the views of the beer garden and recreation
lawn. If you're hungry they also can cook you some wonderful cafe
style meals. Meanwhile let the kids play on the
great adventure playground as they enjoy range of 'Simos' icecreams.
Fancy some entertainment then visit the Brewery on Friday and Saturday nights. The Brewery is host to some some of the finest entertainers and bands of which most are for free. One to what out for is:-
Friday 30th January 2009 - Deni Hines and Christine Anu from 8pm - tickets at venue
The Brewery also caters for various functions such as work functions, birthdays and wedding.
Conveniently located just off the main highway, 20kms South of Preston Beach, near Myalup. Just turn off the highway onto Forestry Road (Harvey Turnoff), and then onto
West Break Road.
Phone: 1300 792 106 (Toll Free)
Facsimile: (08) 9739 2111
Address: West Break Road, Harvey, WA 6220
- Weekends and public holidays for the general public
- 11am-5pm April - October
- 11am-6pm November - March.
- Private Functions: Any day or night of the week until midnight Mon-Sat
and 10pm Sundays
Drive 30 minutes North of Preston Beach and you'll find yourself in lovely Mandurah. With an
abundance of activities for the whole family, Mandurah makes for a great
visit. Activities Mandurah has to offer include:
- Browse in discount, clearance, boutique and specialty shops.
- Cruise the waterways of Peel inlet and Harvey estuary on a tour, hire boat or houseboat equipped with fishing gear. You may capture a glimpse of some of the many bottlenose dolphins that live in our waterways.
- Take a fishing charter for the day and catch some local fish.
- Take your fishing rods and do some fishing from the river, estuary or ocean.
- Try your hand at white water rafting.
- Tee off for 9 or 18 holes in one of the World Class Golf Courses.
- Enjoy the great food and wine from the many pubs, restaurants and cafes.
- Enjoy all the fun of an old fashioned fair at King Carnival.
- Wander through landscaped gardens of Abingdon Miniature Viilage.
- Or simply enjoy local fish and chips on the Mandurah Foreshore.
Drive 30 minutes South of Preston Beach and you'll find yourself in Bunbury. There are many things to do in Bunbury such as:
- The Dolphin Discovery Centre for a dolphin interaction experience. Website: www.dolphindiscovery.com.au
- Big Swamp Wildlife Park. With over 60 varieties of Australian Native birds and marsupials. Mingle with the birds and hand feed the parrots in the large free flight aviary. Website: http://bigswampwildlifepark.mysouthwest.com.au
- Enjoy the great food and wine from the many pubs, restaurants and cafes.
Visit HaVe Cheese and enjoy a tour with cheese tasting. Door sales are 7 days a week from 9.30am - 5pm. Fresh local produce and ice-cream are also sold here. Children's activity area and farm animals to pat. Ample parking & disabled access available.
Phone: (08) 9729 3949
Address: PO Box 475, 11442 South Western Highway, Wokalup WA
USEFUL LINKS AND CONTACT NUMBERS
Useful Contact Numbers
||9733 1593 or 0417 974 611
||0427 199 754
- Local Natural Therapist - Jan Bebbington
|0400 894 660